The Royal Ascot Contest
The 2014 finalists are:
A Rebel without a Rogue, Jackie Horne
Debt of Honor, Ann Clement
The Duke Who Loved Her, Ari Thatcher
The Only Exception, Cora Lee
Three Proposals, Justine Covington
To Kiss and Kill, Laura Trentham
The winner announced on July 23rd at the Beau Monde Soiree in San Antonio was Cora Lee with THE ONLY EXCEPTION!
- Open to unpublished authors and published writers seeking representation and/or a publisher.
- All works entered should be unpublished (self or traditional) and uncontracted.
- All entries must have at least partial Regency (Late Georgian) setting, broadly defined: within the United Kingdom between 1780 and 1840.
- Entrants may re-submit any entry that has finaled but not won the contest.
- $100.00 and a certificate for Grand Prize Winner
- $25.00 and a certificate for all Finalists
- Grand Prize Winner and Finalists will be featured in all publicity.
First Round Judges: Three judges, at least one published in Regency Romance. Lowest score will be dropped. In the event of a tie, the third score will determine which entry moves on to the final round.
Final Round Judges:
Janet Clementz, Soul Mate
Kate Dresser, HQN
Jill Limber, Boroughs Publishing
Esi Sogah, Kensington
MacKenzie Fraser-Bub, Trident Media Group
Rebecca Strauss, DeFiore & Co.
Categories will be used to determine first round judges only.
Regency Historical (longer Regency or Mainstream Regency-set)
Hot Regency (Very sensual to Erotic Regency, at author’s discretion)
Wild Regency (Paranormal, Time Travel, other similar Regency)
Sweet & Mild Regency (Traditional, Inspirational, Young Adult or other without explicit sex)
THE 2014 ROYAL ASCOT COMMITTEE
If you have any questions or need help with your entry, please feel free to contact the contest coordinators at email@example.com.
Wendy LaCapra, Chair